SCHOOL HOURS (9:20am – 3:50pm)
- Students can arrive on-campus starting at 9:20am
- Students are considered tardy at 9:40am
- Dismissal changes end at 2:00 pm
- Call the front office at (727) 774-3500 if you need to change how your student will be going home
- Early dismissal ends at 3:15 pm
- Dismissal begins at 3:50 pm
- Dismissal on Early Release Days (ERD) begins at 1:50pm
- For Early Release Days – if you need to pick up your student early, please do so before 12:45 PM.
- For Early Release Days – If your student will be going home a different way, please have transportation changes called in before 12:00 PM.
- Dismissal on Early Release Days (ERD) begins at 1:50pm
STUDENT EARLY DISMISSAL
- Students who are being picked up early for appointments (early dismissal), must be cleared to leave the school through the front office and won’t be called down until government issued photo ID has been verified.
- All parents/guardians must pick up their children in the office.
- Parent/guardian will go to the office, ring the bell, show government issued photo ID to request their student for dismissal.
- Teachers will not release students without the authorization of the office.
- Parents/guardians are to remain in the office until the child arrives for dismissal.
- Students will be released only to those individuals listed on their myStudent account that is provided to the school by the parent/guardian via Parent Portal.
- A current physical photo identification of the person signing out a student(s) must be shown at the time of release.
- Students should not be picked up for early dismissal after 3:15pm due to interference with school dismissal and the end of the school day.
- The end of the day is very busy, and to ensure that we can safely account for all students and their individualized dismissals, we ask that you adhere to this policy.
- BUS RIDERS
Students will be picked up and dropped off at their designated bus stop only. Students are not permitted to ride a bus other than their assigned bus. Should a situation arise where you need to contact the Transportation Department, the telephone number is (727) 774-0400. Please have the bus number of your child’s bus when calling.
- CAR RIDERS
The following are guidelines for parents who drive their children to and from school. They are designed for the safety and welfare of our children. Please help us to ensure the children’s safety by practicing these guidelines:
- To help keep our neighborhood streets safe for the community, please don’t arrive to the car loop until 9:00am in the morning or 3:30pm in the afternoon.
- Parking lot should only be utilized by those with students in PreK or Access during arrival and dismissal.
- Any students being dropped off via car should use the car loop while those walking/riding a bike should use the walker’s gate.
- Parents should not be entering the parking lot to drop off their student (unless student is in PK or Access).
- Please remain in your car in the car loop. Cars are not to be left unattended.
- Only parents/guardians with students in PreK or Access should be utilizing the parking lot during arrival and dismissal.
- Please hang your child’s name (car tag) from the rearview mirror.
- Once your student has been loaded, remove your tag from the rearview mirror.
- If you need additional tags for other vehicles, please let the office know.
- Carpools should list all student names on tags.
- Please follow the directions of the supervising adults and/or Safety Patrol.
- To help with the flow, please have your student ready to get out of the passenger side of your vehicle as quickly as possible.
- For safety reasons and to maintain the flow of the loop, adults are to remain in the car at all times. Richey staff will be available to assist students.
- For the safety of everyone, we ask that animals be left at home. However, if you have your animal in the car, please ensure that they are secure and are not able to exit the doors that our staff and safety patrols will be opening.
- State law prohibits drivers from using cell phones while picking up and dropping off children in the car loop.
- BIKE RIDERS AND WALKERS
No one should be riding a bike or scooter on campus grounds at any time. The expectation is bikes and scooters are walked for safety while on school property.
- The school is not responsible for stolen or damaged bikes. It is a “PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK” policy.
- Florida Law requires all students to wear a bike safety helmet.
- LATE FOR PICKUP
- After dismissal ends, any students who have not been picked up will be brought to the front office. Parent/guardian will need to provide government issued photo ID or car tag at the front office to pick up student.
- Applications for the Free and Reduced priced meals are available online at https://connectplus.pasco.k12.fl.us/do/fns/pascoschoolmeals/
- Meals are to be paid for until you receive notification that your child(ren) are eligible to receive a free or reduced price meal. A student must have an approved family application in order to receive the free or reduced meals, otherwise the parent or guardian is responsible for providing their child’s meal.
- Please keep track of your student’s lunch balance so that your child does not experience any issues when purchasing lunch. You may monitor and set purchasing parameters at myschoolbucks.com.
- Snacks may be purchased when they are available.
- Students may carry their own lunches to school. No glass containers or bottles, candy or carbonated beverages please.
- Please make sure that whatever items are packed for lunch have been practiced at home and your child can independently open/access.
- There is no opportunity for refrigeration or heating of items sent from home.
- During lunch visits, parents and their child(ren) must sit outside at the designated green tables.
- Only your child that you are visiting may eat with you during lunch. Friends and students who are extended family are not permitted.
- We are unable to accommodate lunch visitors on early release days or rainy days, so please plan accordingly.
- Lunch visits begin September 5th for grades K-5
- KG – 11:40a – 12:10p
- 1st – 11:50a – 12:20p
- 2nd – 12:15p – 12:45p
- 3rd – 12:25p – 12:55p
- 4th – 12:50p – 1:20p
- 5th – 1:00p – 1:30p
- Visitor MUST be listed on the student’s profile / pick-up list and sign in at the front desk
- Have government issued ID scanned and badge created
- Wear badge where it can be seen
- Walk to the cafeteria
- Check in with staff inside the cafeteria to inform them you’ll be eating lunch with your student
- Head outside to the designated green tables and enjoy lunch with your student
- You may only have your child eat lunch with you. Friends and students who are extended family are not permitted
- After lunch, your student will go with their class and you’ll head back to the front office
- Turn in your badge to the front desk and enjoy the rest of your day
- Please note that the District has set forth a Respect and Civility Policy for all campuses. The expectation is that all staff, families, and community members adhere to the guidelines of the policy in order to maintain positive communications and interactions. If for any reason an individual does not adhere to the policy, communications will be stopped and may be rescheduled for a later time/date. F.S. 1001.41, 871.01, 1006.145
LOST AND FOUND
- Lost and found items are kept in a designated area. We encourage you to label your child’s backpacks, lunch boxes, jackets, sweaters, coats, etc. to help us return items. Unclaimed items will be donated to local charities after one month.
- If you are interested in celebrating your child’s birthday, find more information about the celebration policy HERE.