International Baccalaureate® Primary Years Programme Candidate School
The IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) for children aged 3 – 12 nurtures and develops young students as caring, active participants in a lifelong journey of learning.
- The PYP offers an inquiry-based, transdisciplinary curriculum framework that builds conceptual understanding. It is a student-centered approach to education for children aged 3-12. It reflects the best of educational research, thought leadership, and experience derived from IB World Schools.
- The PYP has evolved to become a world leader in future-focused education. The PYP is an example of best educational practice globally, responding to the challenges and opportunities facing young students in our rapidly changing world.
- The PYP was developed through the vision and effort, sustained over ten years, of the former International Schools Curriculum Project (ISCP).
- The goal was to produce a common curriculum framework, for students in the 3-12 age range, which would provide continuity of learning within each school and ensure that the curriculum developed international-mindedness on the part of learners.
- The Primary Years Programme (PYP) is a transdisciplinary curriculum framework that offers authentic learning experiences.
- The PYP encourages students to learn to appreciate knowledge, conceptual understandings, skills, and personal attributes as a connected whole.
IB Monthly Newsletter